There is no better indulgence than milk cake and we can’t resist this recipe because making it with camel milk made it all the more nutritious. Save this recipe for your next potluck and win your guests over.
1 litre camel milk
1/2 tsp tartaric powder
1-2 tsp lemon juice
100 gm sugar/ grated jaggery
1 tsp corn flour
6-8 threads of saffron soaked in 1 tbsp water
- Boil the camel milk; add tartaric powder, pinch by pinch, with the lemon juice until the milk begins to curdle.
- Reduce liquid by half. Stir in sugar. Continue cooking until mixture thickens.
- Sprinkle in corn flour, dissolved in a little extra milk.
- Simmer for a further 3-4 minutes. Stir in saffron.
- Spread out onto a greased tray in a layer 1 1/2 ” thick; or on a transparency sheet and let it cool.
- Decorate with silver leaf, cardamom powder, dried fruit and a drizzle of cream before serving.
While all the ingredients can be found in your neighbourhood stores, Camel milk is something you can order in from Aadvik Foods while sitting at home. This one ingredient helps cure autism and improves one’s immunity with no compromise on taste.